BrainHoney is an award-winning LMS
BrainHoney provides teachers with actionable real-time insight into how they can help every student succeed. BrainHoney highlights the “critical students” who need help now and a “prioritized todo list” for teachers that lists the actions they should take to help their students succeed.
Because BrainHoney is architected as a flexible, modular system – it can be easily integrated with other applications, learning content, and professional development resources to create a comprehensive solution based upon particular customer requirements.
The following summary highlights the key features of BrainHoney for teachers, students, administrators, parents and curriculum developers.
- know what is working in their classroom and know what is not working
- enhance their instruction through a library of vetted digital content objects aligned to common core standards
- align their instruction to the standards, align their assessment to the standards, and report progress by the standards
- focus on the students who need help now
- participate in just-in-time professional development related to the performance of their students
- understand their own performance, their students’ growth and have continuous improvement models in place
- minimize the time they spend grading or presenting material and increase the time spent teaching, coaching, and tutoring
- maximize the impact of their teaching efforts by focusing on a student or groups of students that need their help the most
The teacher experience has the following key functions.
|Teacher Features||Existing Functionality|
|Teacher Dashboard||Critical Student ListPersonal Performance MetricsTo Do List
Classroom Performance Metrics
|Critical Student List||Lists students in need of attention based on grades, and recent activity|
|To Do List||Efficient workflow for reviewing student submissions|
|Curriculum Alignment||Align instructional activity to standardsAutomate personalized instructionSet conditions for content release|
|Content Authoring||Create new contentSearch/drag in content from LOR/LR, etcImport interactivities|
|Assessment Authoring||Create new quizzes, checks for understanding, examsCreate quizzes by mashing up other quiz itemsCreate quizzes from question pools|
|Assessment Results||Review class results including difficulty and discriminationAuto detection and manual ejection of problem questionsItem level detailed results for each student|
|Dropbox||Students submit documents or URLs for gradingRubric-based gradingPeer-review options|
|Gradebook||Comprehensive gradebook with lots of user customization|
|Learning Outcomes Mastery||Summary of class and individual performance against selected standards|
|Online Collaboration / Social Learning||Initiate, facilitate and grade performance on blogs, wikis, journals, and online discussionsCreate announcementsSend email|
|Group or Individualized Intervention||Create instructional groupsEnable peer review and feedbackIndividualize instruction|
|Personal Profile and Work Samples||Upload items to personal portfolioRequest review of portfolio from peer or instructor|
|Personal Performance Metrics||To Do List backlog reportStudent pace summaryStudent performance summary|